- The Square
- The Obelisk, fish slabs, stocks
- The Old Town Hall
- Information Centre & Archaeoligical Display
- Church of St. Mary Magdalene
- Auction Mart (certain Tuesdays)
- Duddon Iron Furnace
- Duddon Valley to Wrynose & Hardknott passes
- Stephenson Ground Archaeological site
- Swinside Stone Circle
- Millom Folk Museum
- RSPB Bird Reserve at Hodbarrow
- Muncaster Castle & Owl Sanctuary
- Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
- Furness Abbey (Barrow)
- Stott Park Bobbin Mill (Newby Bridge)
- Haverthwaite & Lakeside Railway
- St Mary Magdalene Parish Church, off Church Street
- Methodist Chapel, Princes Street
- Sacred Heart RC Church, Coniston
- Postbus up Duddon valley (enquire at Post Office)
- Ulverston, Coniston and Millom (enquire at information Centre)
- Foxfield to Barrow/Lancaster
- Millom/West Coast (timetables at Information Centre)
- Whitsuntide Fair, Spring Bank Holiday (end of May)
- Charter Day Ceremony, 1st August
- Millom and Broughton Show, last Saturday in August
- Antiques Fair, last Sunday of each Month
Whatever you need to find out about Broughton and the surrounding area visit the Information Centre in the Old Town Hall or ask any of the local traders
|Sports and Activities
Coniston Lake is close by (8 miles) and is a popular place for water sports. Mountain Bike, Kayak and Canoe Hire as well as Outdoor activities for Groups and Individuals are available from Summitreks. Tel for activities and hire.
There are many well known sites within easy reach and tuition for those who want to try it out. See Ralph Blaine for details on
There are many local dive sites among the lakes and quarries. Air is available locally as are diving courses. Tel.
Two within a short distance.
Available at Dalton-in-Furness Leisure Centre (approx. 10 miles), Millom (approx. 7 miles) and at Brockwood Hall, Whicham.
4 x 4 Training and also escorted trips around fells. Tel.
There are many suitable tracks locally in addition to the one in the local park which was aimed mainly at younger people taking up the sport. For more information Tel:
Paint Ball Games
At wilson Park just off the main square in Broughton there is a playground for children, swings etc. a football pitch, mountain bike track and a great deal of open space.
There are lots of boats for hire on Coniston and tuition is available if required. Tel.
Available at Dalton-in-Furness Leisure Centre.
There are swimming pools at Brockwood Hall and Dalton-in-Furness Leisure centre.
There are two suberb Tennis Courts in Broughton bookable from the Post Ofice. Tel. .
What can we say? This is the ideal centre for a walking Holiday close to the Furness Fells, Scafell, Great Gable, etc., are but a short distance away. There are many interesting walks with a starting point in town. Ask at the information centre for details.
Available at port Haverigg, Millom. Tel.